November 2, 2007

What will you leave behind?

I heard a song today on the radio called "How will they remember me" by Nichole Nordeman. It struck me and I wanted to encourage you with the chorus of the song. The thing about a legacy is that you have to think ahead to what kind of legacy you want to leave. If you wait till the end - there won't be much of a legacy.


So why think about leaving a legacy now, at your age? Because you have to decide now what legacy you want to leave and you have to do things now to make sure that it happens.


I want to leave a legacy How will they remember me? Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough To make a mark on things? I want to leave an offering A child of mercy and grace who blessed your name unapologetically And leave that kind of legacy.


How do you want your friends to remember you? Were you a friend who always pointed them to the cross or toward the world?

What things in your life need to change in order to leave a biblical legacy?

Think about it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I never really thought about what I would leave behind or what impression I might make on peeps.

Anonymous said...

I really like that song. It gets you thinking...